If you cannot tolerate nasal swab, you may use Metrix with a saliva sample. Saliva collection is more nuanced than nasal swab. Please carefully follow the steps below to help you collect a proper sample.
1. Drink a glass of water at least 30 minutes before the test - this helps you get hydrated and produce enough saliva.
2. For 30 minutes before collection, please do not eat, drink, chew gum, smoke, or use any oral hygiene product;
3. When you are ready to collect saliva, it helps to think of citrus fruits to stimulate saliva. You would feel the saliva pool in your mouth - that’s a sign that you are doing it right!
4. After pooling enough saliva in your mouth, gently drool the saliva into the collector.
5. Please do NOT spit - that will introduce bubbles and mucus, which may lead to invalid results.
6. Please do NOT cough up phlegm - that may cause invalid results.
7. Please fill the collector until the saliva is right at the black line (ignore the bubbles). Give your saliva enough time to flow down the sides of the collector. You may tap the collector on the table to help it settle. If you drool too much saliva into the collector, make sure to pour out the excess fluid.
8. It may take a few tries to get this right. If you have difficulties, we are here to help! Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com or 1-888-934-2253.